Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Halloween in July...

I was in Booming Aprons 'Halloween in July' apron swap. I couldn't post what I sent until I knew Jill had received it. Well, she did so here we go! It was the first full sized apron I've ever made and I used Lucy's Sassy Apron pattern. I was pleased with how it turned out.
Jill had asked for an apron she could wear for Halloween and Thanksgiving. I found this really cute Debbie Mum fabric on eBay and couldn't pass it up. It has everything she had listed as liking...scarecrows, pumpkins, crows....the works.

I made her daughter, Nature Girl, this little one with cute spooky faces on it! I appliqued the pocket on the INSIDE too for fun.

I included several other things..recipes, some table decor, place cards for a fun spooky dinner.
But I was most excited about the cupcake toppers I made for her to use. I have just started making them and was pleased with how well they turned out!
No more store bought toppers for me!

10 comments:

jillytacy said...

We loved all of our goodies! Thank you so much..you really spoiled us!!!

sarahross said...

WOW!!! Those aprons turned out great. I especially love the little one.

Anonymous said...

I am not quite ready to be thinking of fall, but those aprons sure are cute!

Zoƫ said...

What a great job. I love the little one. How did you make the cute cupcake toppers? They are fun.

Melissa said...

Halloween is just around the corner! Love your aprons and your cupcake toppers are so cute!

StitchinByTheLake said...

The apron is a real winner! Both aprons! Have you done a tutorial on the cupcake toppers? I'd love to know how you do that. blessings, marlene

Jen Kershner said...

I adore those cupcake toppers. So creative!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Val you did amazeing work on this on. I love the cup cake topers way too cute..

Shawnee said...

Wow, you go girl with those adorable cupcake toppers! And I love how the Sassy Apron turned out.

jovaliquilts said...

That's an adorable apron! The ruffle really makes it. :)
Just coincidence that you and Jill had each other as partners?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...