Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day!

Dean's sister is here visiting for the week with her two boys. Although we have firework plans later tonight, we thought it would be a big treat to go into New Orleans to the city park!


We had SUCH fun.......we went straight to Story Land and the amusement park part of city park.
Since my neck was acting up, I was the designated photographer for the day.

Here I am with Ripstick Boy.......I HAD to get a picture with the toadstools.....I was the only one excited about them. They had them EVERYWHERE in Story Land.
It was hard keeping our two groups together. Our kids are older so they spun through pretty quickly...eager to get to the rides. Pam's family did the 'Family Circus' thing and went around and around and around each area until they were totally done with it!

Before we left Story Land, Dean and Ripstick Boy both attempted to wake Snow White.

Alas, neither of my VERY Handsome Princes could wake Snow White today.........maybe next time.

Once we got to the amusement park side, our two groups managed to stay together.



Not even rain could deter the two fearless "Green" Barons!
What a GREAT day....even if tonight gets rained out, this will be one of my FAVORITE July 4th celebrations!


Happy 4th!

3 comments:

jillytacy said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! Too bad that neither of the princes could wake poor Snow White. But the pictures are priceless! I liked the toad stools too and understand your excitement! I hope you have a great weekend!

Kellie said...

Oh this looks like so much fun! Love your toadstool pic...I would have been all over those myself! :)

Shawnee said...

Very nice. How great to live so close to such a fun park!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...