Friday, January 23, 2009

Some scarves...

I am so cold natured.....my neck especially. Here are some scarves I've made for those cold days to help keep me warm. I made them years ago while living in Texas and Oklahoma....but we still a bit of cool weather down here too.

On this one, I used Muench yarn 'Coco'



Remember Julies Stiles in the Bourne Supremecy? Remember that GORGEOUS scarf?

Well, I don't knit but this yarn looked like the one she had...so I went with it.
It is made using Berroca Damariscotta. I've even had people ask me if it was the scarf from the movie and where did I get it.


On this one I used Berroca Mix.....basically the same yarn but in a different color scheme. I love it too.


I think its time to make a few more..........like aprons, a girl can never have too many scarves!

8 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Why can't we be neighbors?? I would bring some sappy movies over and you could teach me how to knit! Pretty please?? Those scarves are gorgeous and you look gorgeous, too! Lori

gin said...

You and the scarves look great. I love Julia Stiles every since her movie "10 things I hate about you". We watched that movie so many times when the kids were teens, especially our daughter Jennifer loved it.

Harley Dee said...

I am such a scarf junkie, lol :) And I love that you're like me in that you like long tails on yours.. I gotta have a long scarf and a long tail :)

These are fab-o hun! :)

CathyJean said...

Val,
I LOVE your scarves!! The colors are beautiful!:)
Please come over to visit me, I have a friendship award to pass on to you.
Hugz,
Cathy

jillytacy said...

Gorgeous! I knit my first scarf about three years ago but it's too itchy to wear and I haven't tried to make a new one yet. Your scarf makes me want to try, it's beautiful! Plus it looks soft and fuzzy not scratchy like mine!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! they all look so warm and cozy. :)

Kellie said...

These are fantastic! That second one...to die for! I agree, no such thing as too many scarves OR too many aprons! Love your valentine aprons, btw!

UK lass in US said...

I love those scarves. They are really beautiful. I'm trying to not knit myself another one, as I haven't worn the last one I knitted yet (bloomin' California weather...), but there's just something so relaxing about knitting a scarf, as you don't have to concentrate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...