Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cheater, Cheater Mar-ga-ri-ter!

See that blue thing with Rival on it? I got one for my kids.....you know, for their shave ice treats in the summer....because I got tired of running them up to the shaved ice stand 18 times a day.....its HOT in Louisiana ya'll!


Well, you GOTTA get one. Not for the kids. I mean, you CAN get it for the kids....but use it yourself too.......why?

Because.......you've all had those days when you want a margarita right? But you don't happen to have the 'tub 'o' rita in the freezer from the store, right?

And since you DON'T live in Louisiana, you can't get them through those drive thrus like we do. (yeah, we do...but that's ANOTHER story!)


So you want a cheater right? Something that hits the spot but you won't go off walkin sideways....right? Okay, so heres how:

First, run lime around the rim and dip in salt....or SUGAR like I do (...come ON, salt is for CHIPS.)
Then OVERFILL your glass with shaved ice from the little Rival shaved ice thingie:


add your bottled margarita...My sister's fav is Bartles and James so don't go thinking we are ENDORSING A PRODUCT HERE....I'm NOT gettin paid for this....its just I had a few leftover from when my family visited and so I used it....so there.....

Top with a squeeze of fresh lime and ...PRESTO!!!!

you've got a CHEATER MARGARITER!


Now, if you wanna make it taste a teeny bit more authentic (I mean, if you can actually make a BOTTLED margarita actually TASTE authentic type of authentic)....do what my (other, badder)sister does and add a little splash of tequila.....she's so naughty! Is badder a word? Is margariter a word? Do we care? Think not!

12 comments:

dkuroiwa said...

teehee....we have shaved ice makers over here and that. is. exactly.what. I. do. too!!!
i can't get those "tub o'rittas" over here and even if we could, the freezer would NEVER have room.
B&J's margs and that shaved ice...damn...almost like being home!!

dkuroiwa said...

wait...i published too quickly....

You can get margaritas....in the drive through?!?!
do you live in heaven, or what?
:-D

Unknown said...

You can get margarita's at the drive thru? Did you say you had an extra room? I think I need to come for a "margarita visit" YAY!!!

I guess I'll just have to settle for the ice-o-matic!

Happy Wednesday!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Can I come for a visit, too??? Please?? I'll bring my own salt!:) Lori

CathyJean said...

ooohhh, yeah! badder and margariter BECOME "words" after a few of those!! :)

Too bad we all don't live closer, sewing, friends and "margaritars" just sounds like it all should go together!

...and drive thru margaritas?? !! oohhh, wow!

Jennifer said...

some days I could really use this.....and some days I need a drink by 8am!!

Jen Sue Wild said...

I don't drink alcohol but I love virgin margaritas and strawberry daiquiris.
I might just have to get a shaved ice machine or me I mean the kids...

Quiltingranny said...

I have been in your neck of the country and would love to have a Mardi Gras Mash Frozen Margarita. Yummy! I learned fast, don't drink them through a straw quickly or you will get sleepy and sickly!

Beth said...

Okay - I'm going to look for one tomorrow. What a fabulous idea.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

lol I gave up on frozen and just go for a straw in the tequilla bottle.Lol. If you can get a margarita at a drive through I am changing our plans from ND to their!

Unknown said...

I gotta get one of these!

susan said...

so do the bottled ones not have tequila in them?? you have drive thru margarita shops?? oh boy i live in the wrong state...hmm i think i bought my daughter one of those last year and we never used it.....must.... find... it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...