Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sequin mushroom ornament.

Time for a mushroom CRAFT! YEAH!!!!! I'm not the only one with a hankering for all things fungi......so today is a great day to share someone else's craft!

First.......read on:

Legend has it that mushrooms are a good luck symbol associated with the nature and beauty of the forest. Finding a mushroom is considered to be very lucky and to mean good fortune is at hand. Mushroom ornaments are displayed on Christmas trees in Germany in honor of the people's reverence for nature and in hope of good luck in the New Year.

My family lived in Germany for 3 years when I was a child and we brought this tradition home to the States. We ALL have mushrooms on our Christmas trees now!

Here is an adorable mushroom ornament you can make for your own tree this year!
You've GOTTA love this one!!!!!!!



Claire gave me permission to show you her little creation and link back to her tutorial...that way, you can all have some good luck too.

Click here for her tutorial...it has lots of pictures and a great supply list you can print out to get you started.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute! I have pickles on my tree, but I'm thinking that I may need to start adding mushrooms too! :)

angeliclenore said...

So cute! I need a pickle, a spider, and now a mushroom for my tree! I love traditions like that!

ps. I got my prize last week and I LOVE it! It's sitting on my shelf in a place of honor! Thank you!!! :)

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

What a cute craft, I will need to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs :)

Irma

Tracey said...

Very cute and sparkly! You can never go wrong with sparkles. These would be cute to use all year round too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...