Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

The last few days have been busy!

Here is the little hootie I made and dropped for my November Toy Society drop. (I made him from a pair of old flannel pj bottoms so he is uber soft!)
I made 2 more just like him....I sent one to Lori for her family to drop and I have 1 other that I'll drop in the future!


I dropped him off at a local library...here he is nestled into some books in the childrens section awaiting discovery!


After my errands, I ran home and did some cleaning and crafting.

I KNOW you don't want to see me cleaning so I'll spare you!


It turned out so well, that I made a hugger out of the same color.
Then, I made another hugger and a scarf too...



I also made 3 'french hens' (okay, so they aren't french and they definitely aren't hens....but still)



Then yesterday, I heard the mailman drop something on my porch and was thrilled to see I got a surprise!

I LOVE surprises and this one is the BEST...it is a MUSHROOM ornie from Melinda!

Sweet Melinda was in my Enchanted swap and she sent this to me as a thank you.......how sweet. I ADORE this mushroom. (I hope to have enough mushroom ornaments to decorate a small tree with them one day)


Melinda, you made my day! Thank you!!!

5 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! You have been busy. I love all your crocheted items. And what a great way to use old pajamas. The hootie owl is adorable. What a great idea your toy drops are. Wishing you the happiest of Thanksgivings! :) Tammy

Doris Sturm said...

Wow, you have been a busy bee. I think that owl pillow is adorable and what a great place for it to be - in the library - so it can sit there and be a wise old owl amnogst the books ;-) Love that!

That brown scarf looks so soft. Sometimes, if you have a nice, soft yarn, you don't need any fancy stitches or patterns because the yarn speaks for itself.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

mysteryhistorymom said...

When are you opening a shop, Val! Really! You are making us cry with all your creativity! I WISH I knew how to knit and crochet- AND sew! Can't wait to feel the jammies! He is DARLING! I think the library is the PERFECT drop off place, too! That's what we were planning on doing!:) Lori

Elaine said...

What a cutie Hootie!

That scarf is great too.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

laterg8r said...

i loooooove hootie - he is sooooo adorable :D

those french hens are delicious too :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...