Saturday, April 3, 2010

A day out.......


Dean had Good Friday off so we all went into New Orleans for the day.

Since Rip stick Boy's ankle was still messed up, we couldn't do too much walking.

Besides snowcones and lunch, we also went to the Sculpture Gardens in City Park.

Here are just a few of the photos Dean took.

This tree reminded us all of Mardi Gras....there are beads in trees EVERYWHERE this time of year. I really thought this one would be entitled "Mardi Gras Tree." But the artist called it the "Tree of Necklaces."


This spider was HUGE



I loved this one...called "Overflow"...reminded me of how my brain never stops....


This freaky one is called "Monkeys"....the texture on the hands and faces was disturbingly realistic. It was one of those sculptures that you could look at for a long time....weird!


I loved this one....but I'm a sucker for horses.


Of course, we had to check out Blue Dog....which had a yellow and red side...

anyone who knows me well, knows I ADORE tortoises and turtles. I would love to have this giant in my own garden....


RB's ankle was getting tired so instead of going through the Botanical Gardens, we took a paddle boat out...it was so much fun!

Here is a sweet little duck nest right by the paddle boat dock....


one of the many swans.....

here is a pretty bridge...there were 2 wedding parties here and both brides were getting photos taken on the bridge. One groom was crying...kinda loudly. We couldn't tell if they were tears of joy or regret!

a view of the Museum of Art...

make way for ducklings...


You could go back through part of the Sculpture Garden from the water..


and this one is in the water.....gorgeous. It was about 30 feet tall.

the kids enjoyed themselves...while Dean tried to soak them in the fountain!


We only rented the boat for an hour and all agreed that next time, we would rent it for much longer...there was so much we didn't get to explore!


Happy Easter everyone!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

it looks like a great day and I gotta tell you, your little girl is really growing up....Dont blink, or you will miss it!

Little Messy Missy said...

Beautiful pictures! I have seen the horse before, just outside Texas's Museum of Modern Art there were 2 of them. Way cool. You are lucky to be outside it has snowed here for the last 3 days!

Jody said...

Thank you for sharing your day!

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

What a blast! This is going on my bucket list.Ü. I want one of those turtles too!

Very Mary said...

This is fantastic! Thanks for taking us with you!

Abigail said...

Blue Dog Cafe is still one of our favorite meals!

The kat"s tale said...

Thank you for sharing. I love to visit New Orleans.

jillytacy said...

Looks like fun! Happy Easter!

Birgit said...

Oh, thanks for taking us on this outing along with you and the kids. :)

Hugs,
Birgit

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...