Monday, April 19, 2010

A walk through the art...

Sunday, we attended a small exhibit for gifted art students from our school parish.

Curly Girl's art was just a copy of the otter that is awaiting display at the Governor's mansion. (There was 1 other child who had a copy of their work too.)



Here are some other things that were on exhibit!
They were all amazing but I just couldn't take photos of everything.

here are some masks made out of milk jugs...SO creative!







and I loved these.....remember how you would doodle and then color within the lines?
These take it a step further, you cut out the doodles and lay them over one another, creating a 3-D piece of art...

The photos didn't turn out well because of the glare but you can get the idea...


some papier mache ornamental sticks....AMAZING!






this was our favorite...it looks like a yellow Pink Panther!

and two colorful works that I just loved!





Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

6 comments:

Becky said...

Aww, I miss school art shows! I have a couple of my kids drawings framed and on display. Many, many more to do though.

Congrats again to Curly Girl's accomplishments. Perfect quote from Picasso!

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

What a talented bunch!

The kat"s tale said...

Great job Curly Girl!

I have boxes an boxes of art from all 4 of my children and 5 grandchildren.

Hhhhhh (heavy sigh)Where did the years go?

annemarie said...

Amazing works of art - thanks for sharing.

LittleRed said...

So cute and so colourful:)

Unknown said...

I love it all.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...