Saturday, December 11, 2010

handmade ornaments...

I joined the Lyon's Den ornament swap this year.
Amy mentioned that she liked the dioramas I made so that is what I sent.

I made several in this style this and sent them off to Texas....


I also sent this one since this is the one she commented on...just in case she wants it herself.

then I made some for our own tree.....after all, I had all the supplies out, why put them away?




The trim on this one reflects the lights when they are lit up.


but the one below is my favorite. I'll be making more of these next year.


I used a lid from one of the oval boxes. Once decorated, I scored a little hole in the back large enough for it to fit over a light on the tree.

When the tree is lit up, the light looks like a little star over the 2 trees.


If you'd like to make some too, my tutorial for some of them is HERE. The globe ones are basically made the same way, you just have a smaller area to work with.

2 comments:

Rogue Wild said...

Val, they are beautiful!!! Tyler and I are going to try to make some with little snowmen, thank you for sharing how to do it!!

IdaDown said...

These are awesome! Love the one with the light in it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...