Friday, May 20, 2011

Dessert of the Month Club

Dean has a huge sweet tooth and I thought it would nice to make him some types of desserts I wouldn't normally make.....things that he liked but in deference to the family, wouldn't request.

So for his birthday, I gave him a 'dessert of the month club' subscription.
Something made just for him,. He doesn't have to worry if the rest of the family will like it. He doesn't even have to share (but so far, he has.)


I forgot to take a photo of April's dessert...a lemon chess pie. It was really good....like a giant lemon bar.
Everyone liked it...especially Dean, who LOVES lemon desserts.

In May, he requested a Lemon Meringue Pie......which turned out great too. Yes, I cheated and used a pre-made pie shell...


the inside....yummy. Thanks to Kerry for the recipe!

I wonder what he'll request for June? I wonder if it will be lemon again?!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

I love your dessert of the month idea!!! Glad I could help with that recipe. I don't think I've ever made a pie shell:-D The bought ones work just fine for me:-)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Yum! I've had a sweet tooth of late too and made lemon bars last week. :) I love anything with lemon. My mom made the best homemade lemon meringue pies when I was growing up. Delish! I haven't ever tried making meringue myself. Dessert of the month is a great idea! Hope you are having a great weekend. Tammy

Quiltingranny said...

Love pie, yummy, yummy!

jillytacy said...

It looks delicious! I've never made one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...