Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A day in the city, part 2

Sunday we went into New Orleans after church to go to the zoo.
One thing we love to do is to drive around after and see what is new in the city. There is ALWAYS something going on...and Sunday was no exception.


Look at all these neat poodles we found.
Each was done with a different theme. There were a few we couldn't back track to because the traffic was awful.
I hope to get photos of those in the next couple of weeks though...










And check out these WICKED jellyfish lights...oh my GOSH how I wish I had one of these in my home!





We see these two trucks down by the zoo every time we go....so fun.
You can't tell but they are chopped and REALLY small...like clown cars. Every time we see them we laugh. Especially when we see the guys driving them...they look like giants in them!





We also pass this terrace every time we go to the zoo, I just love the look of it. Ferns simply thrive in New Orleans. In fact, everything thrives and there is a lush look all over the city.

Matt noticed this gutter....and made a wisecrack about the good drainage NOLA is known for...you can't see it but the entire thing is clogged with mud.
Probably left over from Katrina.


And everywhere you look (up) you can still see beads in the trees. I know it is trashy but they always make me smile. They are an integral part of the city and I just think they are pretty.


On our way out, we saw this lady....there were tons of folks jazzed up for Easter....she just happened to be close to us as we drove by.

Even though we live close by, and even though Dean works in the CBD every day, there is always something to see when we go in....the sights never fail you!

3 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Val:
Thanks for sharing. I love New Orleans and they are always celebrating in the grandest way! The jellyfish lights, were they handmade? I must have one of these living so close to the beach. What are the poodles about? Loved the beads in the trees, keep on taking pictures, you warm my heart!

Denise said...

I've only been to New Orleans once. It was in Jan 1997 and a week before the Super Bowl. Had a blast! Food, music, drinks - all fun!

Lindsay-ann said...

Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful pictures of New Orleans. I am so interested in seeing everything there. It looks such a vibrant and exciting place.
Lindsay
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...