Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Make it monthly and a toy drop

Earlier in the month,I made an eel to drop in Florida. I didn't get to drop it though, there was too much going on. Instead, I found a new medical clinic here and decided to drop it there but each time I would pass the place, there were too many people around. Half the fun of making these toys, is dropping them while no one is looking. This morning, I took Mojo to be groomed and noticed they had a planter out front so I dropped Mr. Eel there.
Here he is waiting to be taken home. I hope he is gone when I go pick Mojo up!

Then, deciding I needed to get down to Christmas crafting, I made 2 little purses with appliquéd birdies. I added a crocheted flower and charm for fun.
July's MIM gift is done!

I lined each with fabric to match their birdies...

I'm going to put a few goodies inside each purse before wrapping them up for Christmas. Maybe a toy and one of those plastic coin holders that will open when you squeeze it. My mom always said you have to put a penny inside a purse for good luck when you give it as a gift.
I continue to crochet cat beds for the local animal shelter. I'm up to 10 now and hope to do several more by fall. It is just a simple mat but my cats love them and will use them until delivery day.
"Creativity is a drug I cannot live without". - Cecil B. DeMille

1 comment:

jillytacy said...

You've been very productive. I've fallen off the crafting wagon and haven't gotten back on yet. I've got some serious catching up to do. I love your little bird purses!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...