Tuesday, May 7, 2013

pretty and pink

I love the color pink.    Years ago, before I was married,  I painted my entire house pink.  I used Waverly fabrics and the entire house had this lovely, girly vibe.   
Thankfully, Dean is comfortable with his "manliness" so he really didn't care that he lived in a pink house for 6 years!
  
I don't have pink walls or pink flowery curtains anymore.  I don't have much pink in my wardrobe either.....but I am still drawn to the color....to me, it is such a happy color.

With pink on the brain, I did a bit of crocheting over the weekend and made 2 more scarves for the "Pink Scarf Project."  (2 left to reach my goal!)

I got this pattern out of "Stitch n Bitch" Crochet.




same pink yarn, using a different pattern I found online at hook and press




Then Dean and I went to the garden center and found the orchids on sale!  
Well, we decided on these 2 lovelies for his May "Orchid of the Month" club gift.
This was one I felt we couldn't pass up...I love the speckles...somewhat like Cheetah spots.  I love pink and green together and this just worked with the rooster picture behind it.


But this one is Dean's favorite.  It is huge with 3 large sprays of flowers.  It takes up half the space on the piano!   I took several photos of it but the close ups show it off the best.




Pink is the perfect color for May, don't you think? 

Slow buds the pink dawn like a rose From out night's gray and cloudy sheath; Softly and still it grows and grows, Petal by petal, leaf by leaf." 

5 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Val! I also love pink. That first scarf is my favorite- so delicate and girly! :) Lori

linda said...

I love pink too! Both scarves are gorgeous so pretty :)

Edda Soffía said...

I am a also pink. There is no other color that is so girly and pretty.

Ana BC said...

pretty in pink!!! ;-)

Kerry said...

Oh, I am such a pink girl !!!!
Those orchids are gorgeous Val ..... so stunning !!!
The scarves are really pretty ...... I must get a move on with mine :-)
Have a fantastic weekend
Big hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...