Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July stashbusting!


I started a blanket for the upcoming cooler weather.....at least I hope it is!



I am making it with Aunt Lydia's rug yarn which has been discontinued.  I WISH I could still find it in stores. buying it through ebay and etsy puts a hurt on my budget!
It is not a soft yarn but the blankets always have a nice weight to them and they are SUPER warm.   We love to keep the house cold when going to bed so these are perfect for layering.   I made many of these in the 70's and 80's for friends and family but never made one for myself which I always regretted!  Now I am remedying that!   

2 comments:

Ana BC said...

yes...it is time you made one for your home. It looks cozy :-)

Vicki Boster said...

Val - the colors of your newest creation are gorgeous - so festive -- it looks wonderfully soft and warm!

Your latest scarf creations are here -- I am overwhelmed - truly I am -- that you would want to give SO much and support this project so generously. You have touched my heart so -- and your scarves will touch the lives of so many women who could use a soft hug. Thank you from the bottom of my heart -- I just can not tell you truly how I feel except to say that I love you~
Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...