Saturday, December 12, 2015

Ornament swap tree

Each year I host this swap and each year I love what is lovingly made and sent in.
This year was no different.   

I admit, I was so busy that I almost didn't host it but then I decided to do it anyway....I had an email from someone unexpected asking when I was hosting...and I just couldn't say no!

 Hosting takes a lot of time.  The hardest part is sorting the ornaments to give "balance" to everyone's return box...it is no easy task.  

That being said, I always make a few different ornaments as I try to give every box at least 1 little "extra."

Here is what I received this year:

A sweet snowman atop a jingle bell (and YES, my daughter absconded with it right after the photo was taken!)  I'll be stealing it back when I pack them away!




A fun santa in a boot scene, reminiscent of the vintage style I adore.



A cute Ruddie!  Simple and sweet with a cute scarf.  Some even had glitter noses!






and a fun lollipop!



A few people made me an extra for hosting.  Some I had to use to balance out a few boxes, but I did get to keep this lovely doe in a storm of words....she is much prettier in person, all glittery and perfect.




and this wire and beaded tree topping star....



I put them all on a small tree I made for the bar using another urn. (yet, another craptastic to fantastic tree.)   

I filled the rest in with some other ornaments I made or received from past swaps.  


Here is one side:



and the other....



Peeking out from the back is the snowman head I made this year.  I truly adore all my handmade lovelies and thank all the participants who work SO HARD to create lovely ornaments to share with the group.

4 comments:

jillytacy said...

So lovely! I adore my handmade tree. It's gotten so full that I added a second tree this year.

Amy at love made my home said...

How wonderful to share in this way!! xx

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

I love that you have a "swap" tree! I MUST do that this year!!

I love everything I received!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I have to say, I LOVE that Rudolph with the very big red nose. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...